Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Softer Side

It is nothing like getting up every morning and the sunshine is shining through the window and directly onto your weary face.  And it doesn’t matter whether life is good, fair, or immobile. Seeing the sun can just bring a smile where there was none only just a few hours before. Most people are happy for lots reasons but for me, besides being a busy parent, it is going shopping at least every now and then.  I just like to buy things even if I do not really need what I am purchasing. It is just nice to be among the crowd that is out scowling the isles for bargains. It does not matter if I am shopping for myself or my young son and girlfriend; it is all like therapy in some ways. However most of the time, I do shop  for things that we really and actually do need. But for me, it is more fun buying stuff that I truly do not need but want, if I can afford it. This may sound crazy but I actually like seeing others shop also because it makes me feel that I’m not alone in spending and throwing away a little of my hard earned money.  I had to teach my young son how to shop. At first he seemed to have not much use for it, until I began pushing him to have some fun.  Whenever I do not have much money to spend and if I have some time to waste, I always go window shopping just peering at all the things that I wished I could afford or maybe being able to afford someday, I still manages to smile.  When I’m window shopping I do not think about the troubles that maybe brewing all around and just waiting to pounce me into the ground. I just may I pick up a video game or movie and then I’m good to go.
I always make a note of what I’m going to buy once the paycheck arrives, always doing a dry run of the facility. Making sure of setting some aside for paying vital bills. Shopping for the small things for me is just as enjoyable for me as purchasing the big box goodies. I like shopping at Best Buy, Target, Sears, Office Max, Macy’s, Staples, Amazon, and so many others. Of course, sometimes I’m only browsing and sometimes only dreaming. 
As mentioned, shopping is one cure of most of my ills. Pain can never get me down as long as there is a Macy’s Department Store near by. I do not have time for negative thinking when I have money to spend. I do not have time for negative people; they would only hold me back.  I want a hot dog with everything on it.

George Wilder Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment