Thursday, July 4, 2013

Excerpt, from 'Looking at Myself'

He is a teenager and that can be a handful. I demand that he get up for school each morning on time and make out to the school bus that will be waiting. I demand that he wash his face and hands, put on deodorant have a clean uniform on as he proceeds on down the stairs. I demand that he makes his bed each morning; I demand that he do not eat up all the food in the house. I demand that he that do his homework and other school related projects.  I demand that he does not blast his music all through the night so to disturb our neighbors and have the police at our door. I demand that he stop messing up the house every time I clean it up, I demand that he stop watching TV programs and listening to music with violent content. I demand that he read a book each night before going to bed. I demand that he choose good friends. I demand that he stop lying.  I demand that he stop saying that I am treating him unfairly.  I demand that he does not become part of gang. I demand that as he grows older not mistreat women.  I demand that he not smoke cigarettes and do drugs.  I demand that he take a bath to keep from smelling like fish.  I demand that he finds what he is good at and stick with it. I demand that he stop watching dumb TV shows and focus on his life. I demand that he be leader and not a follower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment